[ACCA新闻] ACCA STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM BAHRAINI ACCOUNTANCY AND FINANCE PROGRAMME

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

首席管理员

积分
zingjhu 发表于 2013-6-9 09:24:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Second group of ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) students among 100 graduates from Tamkeen’s Accountancy, Finance and Islamic Finance programmes

A graduation ceremony was held for the second group of students in Bahrain who received certificates in professional qualifications through Tamkeen’s Accountancy, Finance and Islamic Finance programmes, including ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)。

Former ACCA president Dean Westcott and Tamkeen Chief Executive Mahmood Hashem Al-Kooheji attended the ceremony, held at The Diplomat Radisson Blu Hotel.

The Ernst & Young Training Centre, which offers Tamkeen’s programmes, has enrolled more than 700 Bahraini applicants to the programme to date, with 135 having completed their course to date, including 80 graduates of the Foundations in Accountancy (FIA) suite of ACCA awards, and 32 in the ACCA qualification.

Commenting on the occasion, Tamkeen’s Chief Executive Mr. Mahmood Hashem Al Kooheji said,: 'Bahrain’s highly skilled human capital is a key competitive advantage that has long underpinned the kingdom’s position as an attractive investment destination. Our leadership is committed to continue investing in our human capital through such initiatives to maintain this leading position and fuel future economic growth.'

Launched in October 2007 as part of Tamkeen’s objective of up-skilling Bahrainis and enhancing their employability, the programme seeks to enable around 800 Bahrainis to pursue accredited professional qualifications to pursue or accelerate their career in the field of accountancy and finance.

Dean Westcott said: 'It is great to see our second round of students graduate from this programme. These graduates will be a vital asset to the country’s financial development and to its surrounding neighbours.'

'Bahrain is transforming itself into a place for foreign investment, and with programmes such as Tamkeen’s, as well as the government and private sector involvement, finance professionals all over the region will be beneficial to the global economy,' Westcott added.

New ACCA graduate, Mazen Al-Kooheji, said: 'The ACCA qualification helped sharpen my skills in many areas that are applicable to my current job role, like cashflow management, project management and finance decision-making. The difference it can make towards adding value in my job role has got me good feedback from my line manager. I feel I am adding value to my employer with my new skills. This will vertically help my career within the company and have a positive impact on future prospects.'

To date, more than 77,000 Bahraini individuals and enterprises in Bahrain have benefited from Tamkeen programmes to date, and the total number is expected to rise to more than 150,000.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|ACCA论坛,ACCA考友论坛-全球ACCA中文论坛|中国ACCA学习网

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 19:13 , Processed in 0.083683 second(s), 23 queries .