主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:43:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 lhslhs 于 2009-1-28 21:59 编辑

Re: [P3 Exam] Share your comments here
i am offering some comment of foreign friend who have sitting the p3 dec08 exam, i wish it be of helpful to you guys:

i would dnt call it VERY VERY TOUGH (this would mean your werent competent enough for this paper) i would rather call it was reasonbale P3 level exam http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Though i did OKAY in question1 and question2.... due to BAD BAD time planningi had atleast 15 mins left for question3 and i didnt try question 4....

Q1) PESTEL fairly done.... Cultural issues i used cultural web though i went off track and back to track and off then back .... lol http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif .. about the lenses i didnt know simple as that... so i wrote their definitions buy just looking at the heading .. STRATEGIC LENSES - DESGIN, EXPERIENCE AND IDEA... http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif
Hopefully i should get 30 marks here

Q2) Financail performance analysis, diversification (related and unrelated), corporate headoffice parenting styles... i hit every point.....
hoping to score 15 marks... atleast..

Q3) DIDNT HAVE TIME TO READ THE QUESTION http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif ... i had 15mins so an idea hit me http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif .... why not write the definitions of what the question is asking....(couldnt relate it with the question either, didnt read)... system testing, acceptance testing, .... easy... but what the hell was data migration??? (i wrote converting data into unit softwares.... http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif ) what was part B.... dont remember what i wrote..... was there part C?
i believe the examiner might just give 5 marks for trying.. http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

So adding Q1 30 + Q2 15 + Q3 5 that = 50 MARKS .... ooooviiii that was close... i hope i get 50 marks.. http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

What the hell exams are over... now lets forget about it.... LETS PARTY !!! !!! http://www.opentuition.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:44:40 | 显示全部楼层
Hi, here's my comment on today's P3 exam:

Q1)
a) PESTEL Analysis (20 marks) ----- I hope that what i wrote is good enough to at least give me a 13 to 14 marks as i personally think that only 4 out of the 6 factors are applicable in this case.

b) Application of Cultural Web on the case ?? (20 marks) ----Well, that was what i applied in this question, didn't exactly got the headings right though  ...but hope that the content itself can help me at least get a 10 marks here.

c) Strategy Lenses and its application on the case (10 marks) ---- Like most other candidates, this question took me by surprise but i tried my best to answer it, hope to get around 3 to 4 marks over here.

Q2) Did not attempt

Q3)
a) Explaining the usefulness of (i) Systems Testing, (ii) User Acceptance Testing & (iii) Data Migration and its application on the case (9 marks) ---- I wrote what i can remember about the V-Model for (i) & (ii) but with a bit of changes to suit the case (the process in the case is not a typical V-Model process flow), for data migration program, it is a program to ensure the compatibility of transferred data from existing system to the new system (if i am not wrong). Hope i can get around 6 to 7 marks here.

b) Alternative strategies to deal with project slippage (10 marks) ---- I tried to waffled my way through for this part, hope it works to at least give me 3 to 4 marks here.  

c) Choosing a strategy & justifying your choice (6 marks) ---- My answer for this part was rather short, so only expecting about 3 marks here.

Q4)
a) Problems with current reward management system (15 marks) ---- I wrote my answer based on the problems like lack of holiday days, lack of performance-based payment, reluctance on the part of the company to train the engineers & no profit sharing scheme. Hope i can score at least 9 to 10 marks here.

b) Comment on HR Director's recommendations (10 marks) ---- I only managed to comment on 1 of his recommendation (i.e. the one on paying bonus based on time taken). Hope to get at least a mark of 2 over here.

Overall, i think this paper is similar in terms of difficulty level to the June 2008 exam. Hope that i can improve on my performance from that sitting & get a pass this time round !

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:45:25 | 显示全部楼层
Done questions 2 and 4 first. Thought they were pretty fair.

Poor time management left me with 1 hour 15 mins to do question 1, not good  

My Pestel wasnt that great but hopefully scrapped a few marks together. Parts b and c were rushed so i just tried to gather as many last minute marks as possible.

Fingers crossed for a miracle.

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:47:02 | 显示全部楼层
wuipin wrote:
Hi, here's my comment on today's P3 exam:

Q1)
a) PESTEL Analysis (20 marks) ----- I hope that what i wrote is good enough to at least give me a 13 to 14 marks as i personally think that only 4 out of the 6 factors are applicable in this case.

b) Application of Cultural Web on the case ?? (20 marks) ----Well, that was what i applied in this question, didn't exactly got the headings right though  ...but hope that the content itself can help me at least get a 10 marks here.

c) Strategy Lenses and its application on the case (10 marks) ---- Like most other candidates, this question took me by surprise but i tried my best to answer it, hope to get around 3 to 4 marks over here.

Q2) Did not attempt

Q3)
a) Explaining the usefulness of (i) Systems Testing, (ii) User Acceptance Testing & (iii) Data Migration and its application on the case (9 marks) ---- I wrote what i can remember about the V-Model for (i) & (ii) but with a bit of changes to suit the case (the process in the case is not a typical V-Model process flow), for data migration program, it is a program to ensure the compatibility of transferred data from existing system to the new system (if i am not wrong). Hope i can get around 6 to 7 marks here.

b) Alternative strategies to deal with project slippage (10 marks) ---- I tried to waffled my way through for this part, hope it works to at least give me 3 to 4 marks here.  

c) Choosing a strategy & justifying your choice (6 marks) ---- My answer for this part was rather short, so only expecting about 3 marks here.

Q4)
a) Problems with current reward management system (15 marks) ---- I wrote my answer based on the problems like lack of holiday days, lack of performance-based payment, reluctance on the part of the company to train the engineers & no profit sharing scheme. Hope i can score at least 9 to 10 marks here.

b) Comment on HR Director's recommendations (10 marks) ---- I only managed to comment on 1 of his recommendation (i.e. the one on paying bonus based on time taken). Hope to get at least a mark of 2 over here.

Overall, i think this paper is similar in terms of difficulty level to the June 2008 exam. Hope that i can improve on my performance from that sitting & get a pass this time round !

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:48:39 | 显示全部楼层
pestel >>> quite hard for me while 20 marks i only manage to find out around 6 key to wrote  

fail due to culture.. >> i forgot how to relate it to case ... so bad that dec08 article i did read it  u all can go for it u will know how to relate it... me myself in the "web" so i chose to write resistance to change and apply the lewin freeze unfreze ..  (for sure it was wrong, try to wrote rather then blank it  )

jsw lence .. shit  

q2 and q3 i did badly ... overall

june 09 i still here @@antzfish

Private message

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:49:49 | 显示全部楼层
I think questions were quite easy really but the case study for question 1 was bit too long, so it took me while to annotate it! Also I reckon 20 marks for PESTEL analysis were too much...thats why some people may have found hard to cope with time....I got attempted to write too much for question 1a...spent almost a hour on it!

then i spent like 35 mins on question 1b....which was bit hard really....I used culture web model but really only concentrated on structure and control....

I left 1c out...coz i thought i will come back to it at the end...so lost 10 marks there straight away coz i didnt get time at the end!

Then i did question 4, which i think was quite easy question....i think i did quite well on that one...well inshallah (God willingly).

then I had 35 mins left to do question 2 or 3...but I choose question 3 coz der was less reading to do...but it took me 10 mins to understand the case study so i took me 20 mins to do first part...2nd part i jus managed to write 2 lines!!!

so overall I lost 20 marks without a doubt...so its out of 80 for me....I think ma chances of passing are very low...it was my first attempt...But I made a mistake sitting P1,P2 and P3 exams together...I only had like 2.5 months to prepare for it!! so der was too much work involved!! But at least i am glad its over now....now i can relax for bit while!!

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:50:20 | 显示全部楼层
Q1
PESTEL was ok, a lot to write and had to limit my words so not to waste to much time on it.
Culture change: case makes sense and quite straight forward, but since I put little effort on this paper (only 2 days), i didn't use any models, but just generic answers.....hope I can get some marks.......also analysed corporate structure impact on the failure
Lense -> totally no idea, searched wikipedia afterwards and what I guessed to write was so...lol...^_^

Q2
I used Ansoff Growth Matrix for acquisition decision, compared different growth approaches (organic growth, alliance, acquisition) and their suitability, used BCG to analyse the takeover of the two subs and made some recommendations

No idea what model to use for (b), but made some suggestions and comments, hope can get some marks...

also some easy financial calculations to support the answer

Q3
skipped...

Q4
No revision at all for human resource topics and models, but the question and problems seems to be very easy to understand and cope with.....so just blah blah blah....

Limitations of HR I wrote only time shortened is not enough and it neglect the quality factor so workers will simply finish faster instead of ensuring higher quality. Also free-rider problem if bonus is for all the team.

Hopefully I can pass, god bless me......- -;;novawsh

Private message

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:51:01 | 显示全部楼层
I think my story is funnest and rarely happened before, I have ignored 2 first pages of Q1 so it is lack of information to do Q1(a), I have only recognised it at the time of 15' before the end of exam, and the time is not enough to do every think.

Q1(b): I think it is about culture web, New director want to apply financial control culture for organisation which used excellent culture, the technical article has shown very clearly.

Q1(c): Have no idea about lenses

Q2: Use Ansoff and BCG to analyse portfolio, Ansoff will tell us the direction of strategy (unrelated diversification) and BCG tells us about the balance in portfolio (it is unbalanced), it is pity that I have no time to test life cycle, and have not mentioned to case of Boat company

Q3: Have no idea

Q4: a. First comment on the short-term characteristic of the scheme [use financial measure, not have other indicators by using Balanced scorecard or KPIs, and then comment on the details of scheme (high basic salary, lack of share option, lack of performance related pay, short holiday] => not motivate employee and not support objective of company (to satisfy customers)

b. Comment on the proposal of HR Director:
- Lack of non financial indicator (suggest to use Balanced scorecard...)
- Team bonus: The indicator is not suitable, it will encourage employee carry out with the shortest time regardless the quality. The second is the bonus is for all team, so it will not encourage individual.
- Individual bonus: The indicator is not suitable, it will encourage employee to refuse difficult job which take long time.

I am very sad because my chance of fail is very big, it is my fault and it is very pity. Hope that God will support mehangnt

Private message

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:53:11 | 显示全部楼层
Hello Everyone,

I found #1 rather long, but I managed to work through it.
I attempted Q2 and 4
I hope what I wrote will earn me pass marks

The paper was not a familiar one

Thanks to Opentution for their help. I am sure to use them for p2 andp7.

Bev

主题

帖子

积分

高级学员

积分
 楼主| lhslhs 发表于 2009-1-28 21:53:42 | 显示全部楼层
hi!

i did q1,q2 adn q3

i took most of time in q1 and q2 hopefully, gain a good mark
I don't have time to do the third question - q3 on 15mins!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|ACCA论坛,ACCA考友论坛-全球ACCA中文论坛|中国ACCA学习网

GMT+8, 2024-6-27 10:14 , Processed in 0.092600 second(s), 23 queries .